Flood 2016

Submit Your Disaster Assistance Application

By  | 

From the Office of State Senator David Vitter
    If your home has received damage as a result of this flooding disaster, I would encourage you to apply for federal financial aid with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) sooner rather than later. You can start that process at www.DisasterAssistance.gov or by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362).  
    FEMA has reported that at least 60,000 Louisianians have already registered for assistance, which can be up to $33,000 to help with things like: Temporary housing for an initial period of 1, 2, or 3 months, not to exceed 18 months; Home repair; Heating, ventilating, and air conditioning system repair;  Reconnecting or resetting sewer, water, electrical and fuel lines and tanks; Clean-up items; Medical and dental expenses; Repairing or replacing vehicles damaged by the disaster; and Repair, cleaning, or replacement of clothing, household items, and necessary educational equipment. 
    Please note that housing assistance is not income contingent. Some of the other needs such as personal property, transportation, moving and storage are income dependent. For categories that are income dependent, you can apply for low-interest disaster loans. 
    Members of my staff and I have been working around the clock to make sure Louisianians have the information and federal resources they need to remain safe and begin the recovery process quickly. You can contact me at any of my state offices or my Washington office; you can also reach me online for more information here: https://www.vitter.senate.gov/issues/federal-assistance-for-historic-flooding 

1 Comment